Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Singapore Philatelic Museum National Day Chop 2016




















Singapore Philatelic Museum, Aug.9 2016.



I bought a "Souvenir cover" at the Pop Up Store, during the Toa Payoh Singpost event.
Today is Singapore National Day, some museums launched "Open House" event.
Included the Singapore Philatelic Museum.

Before I come there, I guess they will have a special chop for philatelic fans.
So I bring this envelope and the SG50 postage label to SPM.
To make a national day topic cover, these materials should be useful.

Well, the designer Johnny Lowis was there.
Prepared some designed cover for sale.
(Sorry, after I back home and did some Google search, I just know the man there was Johnny Lowis.
Because of I prepare my cover, I didn't buy one from him.
Mr. Lowis is a local famous graphic designer, mainly for the corporate logo.
He designed several postmarks for Singapore Philatelic Museum.)

The 2016 National Day SPM cancellation chop designed by him.
Forget to ask for his signature, maybe next time.

I asked the museum staff for the general cancellation chop of SPM too,
but she declined my request. She told me "only the chop from him today."


No comments:

Post a Comment